13 Church St, Benalla VIC 3672
at Benalla Veterinary Clinic
Puppy school is an early socialisation program that enriches the bond developing between you and your pup and will expose your dog to other dogs and people. Our program is run by a qualified, friendly veterinary nurse and involves a one-hour session per week, over four consecutive weeks. It is a lot of fun and during the program you will receive regular emails containing up to date information about doggy care.
There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make the relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come. The first 16 weeks of a puppy’s life are the critical socialisation period. In this short window they learn skills that that will determine who they will become as mature dogs.
With progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy’s body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important ‘do not’ lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
- Establishes you as the pack leader, preventing problem behaviours developing
1. You will need to provide evidence of vaccination at least 1 week prior to the first class
2. Your puppy will need to be between 8 and 12 weeks old at program commencement, although puppies up to 16 weeks are accepted.The most important thing to remember about Puppy Pre-school is ‘start early’. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. We run regular puppy classes. Please give the clinic a call on 03 5762 2788 to see when the next class is starting.
Book an Appointment with Us
We ask that you make an appointment if your animal requires veterinary attention. This ensures you will have fast and efficient service. This can now also be done online via our portal.