13 Church St, Benalla VIC 3672
at Benalla Veterinary Clinic
Orthopaedic surgery involves the musculo-skeletal system. That is surgery involving bones, joints, ligaments and tendons and muscles.
Our surgical theatre enables us to perform many complex orthopaedic surgical procedures.
More common orthopaedic surgeries which we perform at Benalla Vet Clinic include:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair
- Fracture (broken bone) repair
- Patella luxation corrective surgery
- Bone cancer removal surgery
- Angular limb deformity corrections
- Joint fusions (arthrodesis)
- Ligament repair
- Juvenile pubic symphysiodesis – to help correct hip dysplasia in puppies (12 – 18 weeks old)
- Hip denervation
- Amputations for severe injuries
- Osteochondritis dessicans (OCD) surgery of shoulders, elbows, and knees (stifle)
- Arthroscopic surgery
Dr Stephan Miechel has a special interest in small animal surgery, and in orthopaedic and minimally invasive surgery in particular. He regularly accepts referral cases from neighbouring veterinary clinics including Euroa, Alexandra, Mansfield, Myrtleford, Glenrowan, Wangaratta and Yarrawonga.
Our veterinarians will assess each case individually and provide the best advice for you and your pet.
Complicated orthopaedic cases, such as spinal surgery and joint replacements, will still need to be referred to a specialist orthopaedic surgeon. Luckily there are several excellent specialist veterinary surgeons in Melbourne with whom we regularly communicate. They are equipped with advanced imaging (CT scan, MRI and fluroscopy) to help them perform incredibly complex operations.
Book an Appointment with Us
We ask that you make an appointment if your animal requires veterinary attention. This ensures you will have fast and efficient service. This can now also be done online via our portal.